Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation expense on Schedule K

nwempe
Level 3
Is there a way to get depreciation expense to flow to Schedule K rather than pg. 1 of the Form 1120S
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

Nope... unless it's § 179.

May I ask why; what are you trying to accomplish?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
nwempe
Level 3

The depreciation was originally associated with a Rental property and showed on Form 8825.  Now we still have the improvement but it's no longer a rental property just more of an investment property.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

There are reasons not to hold real property in an S corp, and especially Rental property. Now you have "investment" property in the S corp, which isn't even generating Income? Something you are not using, but holding, would not keep depreciating, if held as an investment (example: art work). Depreciation is in consideration as a value for tax expense (not capital gain/loss) for wear and tear over time as loss of value to that property.

This is all very confusing. Could you give more details?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
nwempe
Level 3

I think you're over thinking this.  It was land that we were leasing out for cattle grazing.  The depreciable item was a fence I think.  We're talking about $42 per year of depreciation.  They no longer have cattle on the land but we still own it.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

just more of an investment property.

So is depreciation appropriate?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

I'm not overthinking this; it was asked of the community, so it gets answered, because otherwise, why ask? More details always help.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers