Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting two-step verification

MarvinE
Level 2

Must have goofed on the first post so will re-post.  I just want to eliminate the Two-Step Verification.   The instructions say to first go to "My Account" but when I do, I end up at "My Account Dashboard" and there is nothing there relating to sign-in security, two-step verification, or anything related.  How am I messing up and how do I get to the screen to eliminate the two-step verification?  As a sole practitioner, I do not need the two-step setup that larger firms may require.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I’m a sole practitioner also and don’t know how to remove multi factor authentication…. Pretty sure I wouldn’t even consider it. Just not that much of an imposition for the extra security and peace of mind.

I'm more concerned with hacking phishing, and theft than someone in my office or a family member. We’re responsible for a lot of personal information and with all the companies and people I know who have been compromised my feelings are the more security the better…. 

maybe I’m a bit paranoid but I just dropped about 500 to add some cyber liability coverage to my insurance policy. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround