Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Form D-30

mschiavo14
Level 2

I have a partnership with a flow through Net Rental Real Estate Loss from another partnership.  The partnership files in DC.  Lacerte has this loss flowing through to Gross Rental Income on DC Form D-30.  D-30 does not allow Gross Rental Income to be negative so it is causing a Critical Diagnostic Warning.  Has anyone encountered this before and found a fix for it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mschiavo14
Level 2

D-30 is the required Form for this entity.

Figured out the problem last night.  There is a glitch in the Lacerte program.  When using the Diagnostics tab, I clicked on the diagnostic and it kept bringing me to the Form 8825 screen (17).  Can't do anything there or it messes up the Federal return.  Because DC does not allow for negative Net Real Estate Loss, you need to go to the Detail State and Local tab, screen 38 and override Other Rental Income with a -1.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
jeffrey1
Level 2

Why aren't you filing a DC-65  ??

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Because D-30 is almost always the appropriate form to file.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
mschiavo14
Level 2

D-30 is the required Form for this entity.

Figured out the problem last night.  There is a glitch in the Lacerte program.  When using the Diagnostics tab, I clicked on the diagnostic and it kept bringing me to the Form 8825 screen (17).  Can't do anything there or it messes up the Federal return.  Because DC does not allow for negative Net Real Estate Loss, you need to go to the Detail State and Local tab, screen 38 and override Other Rental Income with a -1.