Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have E-file critical Diagnostic for Hoh when no dependent on return?

stephanie1
Level 1

Does anyone else have this issue: Critical diagnostic for Hoh status# 336 :  states efile: Hoh filing status requires a dep who lived at home, other dep, or non-dep qual child.  Daughter is marked in home for 12 months and  Eic only, not a dependent as type, and also Hoh not a qualifying child and get the same error message.  Is this a known issue? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Perhaps it's because you marked the daughter as not a qualifying child for HoH.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Perhaps it's because you marked the daughter as not a qualifying child for HoH.

0 Cheers
stephanie1
Level 1
daughter is marked as qualifying child, she is a returning client, nothing changed from last year.  You can only choose if they are not a dependent but live in the home, EIC only or HOH
0 Cheers
stephanie1
Level 1
sorry, meant not a dependent for HOH, which is the drop down which states, not a dependent (sorry for the confusion)
0 Cheers
stephanie1
Level 1
the return clearly has the HOH status correctly and is also giving her the correct EIC, but still getting the critical warning
0 Cheers
heatherbockrath
Level 1
I am having the same issue. Did you find a fix??
0 Cheers
stephanie1
Level 1
they are supposed to send a patch in an update which they clearly haven't done yet...ugh!  This to me is a immediate need fix...come on Lacerte...get on it!
0 Cheers
stephanie1
Level 1
problem is fixed with this mornings update!
0 Cheers
gsmithcpa
Level 1
Not fixed. Mine is still not allowing the $500 for not a dependent, but HOH
0 Cheers
TaxLadyTerri
Level 3

I think I had this situation earlier today. Client had qualifying child but it was ex-wife’s turn to claim child. I’m not in office right now but will check tomorrow. I did get the diagnostic like you did, using HOH filing status and dependent used for HOH only. I put this return aside so I could check things out. I’ll get back to you. 

0 Cheers
TaxLadyTerri
Level 3
I checked on my client with this situation.  Client is head of household with exemption going to ex-spouse this year.  Child lived with client all year.  I am getting the same critical diagnostic.  Maybe another program glitch?
0 Cheers
stephanie1
Level 1
I contacted customer service and it’s a known issue the last update caused.  There should be a fix with next update.  
0 Cheers