Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

critical diagnostic 43715

Highlighted
Level 1

Getting the diagnostic because of California wage adjustment. 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

More information would be helpful. You are asking other users and we do not have a reference guide for code numbers.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

It is telling me that you cannot efile a tax return when IL CR, wages line - total wages less wages paid in other states is less than the IL wages.  The reason it is less is because CA made an adjustment for HSA payments made by employer.  I guess it is not a deduction in CA.  When Lacerte brings wages paid to other states to IL CR, the amount is $7,000 more than what the W-2 indicated.  Thus, we get the critical diagnostic

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Correct - HSA is not deductible in CA. That message makes no sense to me. Is there only one W-2? An Illinois resident working in CA? Made $100,000 total, but only $93,000 CA would seem to me to give a $100K taxable in IL and credit for the 93K paid to CA. How can total less CA be less than IL wages. I think that there is an input error. Give the numbers (round off) and maybe I can help. Otherwise contact support.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers