Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical - CA Corp Tax ID Starting Number

bbzz8899
Level 1

Lacerte shows critical diagnostic when the CA Corp Tax ID start with 5. This might be true in 2021 or before, however in 2022 some of the new CA Corp ID starts with 5. This error is preventing E-Filing. This is not an issue under S-Corp, only C-Corp module.  Lacerte please fix this error. 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

This is a peer user forum, not tech support.  You either need to call Lacerte Support or post this in the Tax Idea Exchange.

However, I'd also point out that some "critical" diagnostics can actually be suppressed for efile and you can efile around them.  It might be worth trying out.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/disable-e-file-diagnostic...

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@Karl @bbzz8899 
Thanks for the report and reply.
I haven't heard anything about CA Corp IDs starting with a 5 causing a critical diag at this time. If you or anyone reading has the ref# or screenshot of the error if it pops up, I can pass it along to be reviewed. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
bbzz8899
Level 1

Capture.JPG