Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion from TurboTax to Lacerte no valid files inside C:/conversiondata folder

catrina
Level 1

In the 2018 Lacerte program, started the wizard to convert files, I follow the steps and when I get to Turbo Tax software conversion file back up instructions I get an error; We could not find any valid files inside C:\conversiondata folder. Plwase follow the backup instructions on the screen to back up your files.

I don't have the Turbo tax software and am trying to pull a backup turbotax from a CD and convert it into the Lacerte program.  Where am I going wrong?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonAtIntuit
Employee
Employee
Hi - the conversion wizard is looking for files named with a .tax2017 extension in the folder. Can you check the names of the files that you have in the folder and make sure they end with .tax2017 and also that they are not in any subfolders? If you do not see any extensions, you may need to go into your folder options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes", or right-click the file and choose properties and the full name should be there.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
JasonAtIntuit
Employee
Employee
Hi - the conversion wizard is looking for files named with a .tax2017 extension in the folder. Can you check the names of the files that you have in the folder and make sure they end with .tax2017 and also that they are not in any subfolders? If you do not see any extensions, you may need to go into your folder options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes", or right-click the file and choose properties and the full name should be there.
0 Cheers
catrina
Level 1
Thank you Jason!  My file had .tax2017 in the name, but it also had a bunch of stuff behind it.  I renamed it, and Lacerte could see it.... so I hope that's all I was doing wrong 🙂 Thanks again
0 Cheers