Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colorado does not conform to the Cares Act

rsotelo
Level 2

I get this error that Colorado does not conform to the CARES act and I should manually calculate the federal taxable income.  When I enter the FTI, the error doesn't go away.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is this just a warning? If so, you can just ignore it and go ahead and file the return. Many of these do NOT go away when you make an adjustment to satiisfy the warning.  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/diagnostic-reference-ref-frequently-asked-qu...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

As George says, it's just a warning to have you take a second look to make sure the return is correct before it is filed, in case you overlooked that.

You shouldn't override the FTI.  Unless you know exactly what you are doing, overriding is almost always a bad idea.  CO starts with FTI and makes various adjustments to arrive at CO taxable income.  If that return includes any non-conforming provisions, those amounts are entered as adjustments (either addition or subtractions) instead.

Question to you is whether your client's return has any non-conforming provisions due to retroactive application or decoupling.  If not, you simply need to check off the diagnostic so that you could submit the return for e-filing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar