Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO FIDUCIARY ESTIMATED TAXES CALCULATING INCORRECTLY

pat
Level 5

Consistently seeing 2021 CO estimates calculating incorrectly on CO DR0105 - seems to be using the 2020 amount overpaid instead of the 2020 tax owed to calculate estimates. Can't really tell because no estimate worksheets are provided for CO. I have several returns waiting for correct treatment of the estimates.

When will there be a fix?

TIA

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 12 > Do you have ANY entries in the State column for 2021 Estimated Tax?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

In Settings > Options > Tax Return > Is there a setting for Colorado Options about ES?

What is the Tax Return setting for 1041-ES Options?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

It's not the settings. One example, I have a trust that owed $4600 dollars for 2020 and overpaid by $8000 with last year's estimates. With option 1, this return is applying $341 to 2021 tax and calculating estimates that total $1023 and refunding $8000. With option 4, it applies $1,364 to 2021 and then refunds the $7000 balance. All of my fiduciary returns that require CO estimates are doing this.

I just called Lacerte and they want to waste my time with a calculation challenge rather than take the return and review it themselves to figure out what is wrong then fix it.

0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

I find it odd that Lacerte employees will respond to other posts but not something like this one is reporting...

I was told a supervisor would call me today but not heard from anyone yet. 

Meanwhile I have to manually calculate and override the estimates for the CO trusts that are calculating incorrectly.

0 Cheers