Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client login

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎January 15, 2020 2:24 PM

All of my clients - including existing clients that have used link with me in years past with no issue - have been unable to move past the initial "Hello there!  You've found intuit link!" page where it tells them that they either need an invitation or to sign in under another username.  I even had one client call a 844 help number to no avail.  Everyone is using Chrome.  I have tried uninviting and re-inviting.  I have tried sending them document requests.  What is the solution before I pull my hair out this tax season??  Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

Which tax product do you use?

Were the invites/requests sent from within your tax product or from Link?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

Hi!  I'm using ITO and the invitation is sent directly from link.  I've done it this way for the past 3 years without issue.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

ITO is no more.  It was rebranded PTO, I think two years back.

Anyway, two possibilities come to mind.  You may want to verify your records and/or inquire with your clients just to rule these out.

1. Your client used a bookmark to the old (pre-TY2017) Link portal to access their account.  The portal for TY2017 and later is prolink.intuit.com; or
  2. Your client used a previous email address to open their Intuit account but you have since updated that to a new one using Edit Client within the PTO dashboard.  The invite and requests will be sent to the new email address but all your requests will still be populated only under the account with the old email address - this was reported to Intuit earlier this week but I have yet to receive an update from them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

I have clients that are following directions from an email either reminding them to collaborate or new invitations to use link so I think that rules out both of those possible issues.  Any other ideas?  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Other than these two, I can't think of any.  Perhaps you can call Support and have them look into these for you.

It'd be great if you could update us also on what you find out.

Good luck!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers