Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Appointments

Luna Emm
Level 2

Hi,

Does anybody here do pre-scheduled appointments for their clients for the following tax year?  I was hoping we can add the clients appointment info into Lacerte and then export that date on their client Organizer packet but per Tech, they don't have a place to input/pull that date for each specific client. Open to ideas on how to set appointments then get that pre-set date sent out en mass. 

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

That is total B/S from tech support - what a crock!

Top menu bar - 18 icons over is one that looks like an open desk calendar.  Play with it a bit; I'm too slammed right now to talk you thru how to use it/the ins & outs - but I've used it for decades to print appointments on organizers.

It tracks by client number & follows that number for infinity - so be sure you have client numbers set the way you want them.

I can help you next week.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Here's one thread I put some specifics in:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/what-does-the-bridge-appo...

( Generic Comment )"
Luna Emm
Level 2

Thank you! I will be taking some time tomorrow to check out your thread and to look around a bit!

Luna Emm
Level 2

I see how you bridge the appointments over but I don't see it populating on the organizer. Is there a step i may be missing somewhere?  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Sorry... I missed your response.

You "do" have to schedule the appointments in the prior year software (as that's where the organizers are generated.

For example, for 2021 organizers you would schedule all the appointments, tagged by client number IN the 2020 software.

When it's time to do the 2022 organizers ( late in the year, when the software is updated for organizer preparation, bridge all the appointments FROM 2020 TO 2021.  

At least, that's my M.O. 

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers