Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cincinnati return for part-year resident - Lacerte tax

YLCPA
Level 1

Client moved from CA to Cincinnati, OH on 9/15/20, so part-year residents for both states.  On the Cincinnati return, how do I get the dates to print on page 1 and how do I get the "first year filer" box to be checked.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Bobby200
Level 3

Go to Code 54, Taxes, then Ohio Cities.  If not already done, Add "Cincinnati" to the city list (left side, middle pane). 

Once added, the 2nd box is "Part Year Resident".  Add the date TP moved in.  As for "First Year Filer", scroll down the same screen to "CIncinnati" (Just above Income subsection).  First box is First Year Filer is first box.

Also, as an aid, on the actual Cincinnati form, put your cursor on the area you cannot find, right click, and often it will take you to where you need to go.  In this case, both will take you straight to those entry locations. 

Good luck.

LisaC
Level 1

Yes, that did it.  I didn't realize I needed to add the city along the left-hand side.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
Bobby200
Level 3

You are welcome!  Glad to help!

0 Cheers