Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change business entity

Level 1
I have a new client that is changing his business entity from partnership to a S Corp after seven years of filling a 1065, Do I only need to file a 2553 to change tax entity from partnership to S corp for the new tax year?
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
Level 15

Yes. But you're late if this was supposed to be for 2019. (But there are procedures for late elections)

0 Cheers