Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are your sales people shipping Lacerte disks to CA customers when it subjects them to sales tax on all returns?

carl
Level 1

Sending the Lacerte disk to CA customers subjects every tax return they prepare to CA sales tax of 9.5%. Why are your salespeople not telling customers that? And why would they EVER send the disk to those customers? I specifically instructed my salesperson to NOT send the disk for that reason and they sent it anyway. In the process of completely re-processing my order. Completely unethical on the part of Lacerte as a company.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Completely unethical on the part of Lacerte as a company"

So somebody makes a mistake and something suddenly becomes unethical?  Some folks like CDs and some states tax the product no matter what format it is delivered on.  So calm down, grab a cup of decaf coffee, and call customer service to straighten out the issue.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Completely unethical on the part of Lacerte as a company"

So somebody makes a mistake and something suddenly becomes unethical?  Some folks like CDs and some states tax the product no matter what format it is delivered on.  So calm down, grab a cup of decaf coffee, and call customer service to straighten out the issue.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Unethical?   I'd say it sounds like a legit mistake, but it can be corrected.   It happened to me years ago when the option was first available.

But *we* can't fix it; you'll have to contact customer support.  This is just a peer-to-peer user forum (altho a few Intuit employees do stop by)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@carl - If YOU are handing out the "no" votes....I hope your client are a bit more tolerant of any of YOUR mistakes (and we all do make theme at some stage of the game).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I would have to say that handing them out is a bit unethical :scream::scream:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Carl - Please understand that this is a user forum. Those that post here are generally NOT Lacerte employees, but other users. Contact support. They should be able to correct the order and (hopefully) reverse the sales tax OR give you an equivental discount and refund the difference. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1605975-lacerte-support-service-and-sales-hours-of...

Several users are in rural areas what have less than stellar internet access. They like CD's and are willing to pay CA their blood money in the sales tax. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lacerte. Be sure to come back with tax questions or program issues and we will try to help you out, but we are not Lacerte or Intuit (unless you see the word Employee in out user name)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@IntuitAlicia Is an employee and possibly she can help resolve your issue.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
Thanks @George4Tacks I pulled in some help.
0 Cheers
suzismoot
Employee
Employee

Hi @carl. I can take a look and see what I can do to assist in resolving. Can you send your customer/contact information to me at procustomerservice@intuit.com?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I think you want @carl
The @ thingy doesn't like to work in answers.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
Thanks for the tech assist @IRonMaN  :cookie:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You made me push my tech limits, but happy to help :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
The Yote turns into Might Mouse on occasions like this.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Mighty Mouse... when was the last time I watched this cartoon on TV and heard this name mentioned??? :smile::smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Here I come to save the day! :mouse::mouse:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers