Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't print organizer to DMS

Jay Rood
Level 1

My organizers won't print to DMS. I have updated Lacerte and DMS, and checked that "suppress organizer " is not checked, and run PDF Repair utility. I can print other things from Lacerte to DMS (e.g. a single page document). I do not get an error message, but the organizer is not in DMS. I have checked all folders, sorted by date, nothing printed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

You are not alone. Maybe @IntuitBettyJo can get someone from Lacerte to comment. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Jay Rood
Level 1

Thank you! fingers crossed!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is my workaround. I have a folder "DMS Temp". Print organizer to pdf and put them in "DMS Temp". You can then drag and drop into DMS. 

Honestly, I will be very surprised if they do any more repair work on the Organizer. I worked really well for 2019. What did they have to mess with it to get it to where it is now. It is above my skill level to understand why you break something to make it better. 

larrygrussell1
Level 3

Agree. 

I print an Organizer to "pdf" on desktop and then drag kicking and screaming (me, not the pdf) to DMS.

FYI I can print an Organizer to email which works perfectly.

0 Cheers
Jay Rood
Level 1

Thanks, printing (one by one) to PDF and dragging in does work. Yes, I'm kicking and screaming, too.

Can't figure out how to set up email in Lacerte (I use Gmail)

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I use thunderbird and have is use imap with gmail.https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-gmail#w_configuring-your-gmail-account

That will then keep your e-mail on your computer and the "cloud" and be able to send things from Lacerte.

0 Cheers