Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i generate individual federal estimated tax payments? In Box 3 I did verified bank information and check electronic payment of estimated taxes.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

Settings>Options>Tax Return Tab>Federal tax options

Locate the line that says suppress federal estimates when paid electronically. Change that to no.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

e-file? 

E-file > Start e-files estimated payments wizard

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers

Tried that with no success.  

0 Cheers
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

Settings>Options>Tax Return Tab>Federal tax options

Locate the line that says suppress federal estimates when paid electronically. Change that to no.

0 Cheers

I CALLED TECH SUPPORT TWICE AND THEY WERE UNABLE TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEM.

TY FOR YOUR RESPONSE IT WORKED.

LENNY

0 Cheers
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

You are welcome.

0 Cheers
Mrsheth
Level 2

If I e-filed a clients return, and it had Estimated Tax Payments that would be automatically drafted, it looks like those payments were set up when I e-filed the return.  Is that correct because when attempted to go to Efile and use the Estimated Payment wizard, it said my client did not have an ES payments.  My e-file acceptance letter states that their ES payments will be drafted on the due dates.  I am confused.  Thank you

0 Cheers
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

Federal estimated tax payments go with the main form 1040. We only use the estimated tax payments wizard for state estimates. Since your acceptance letter says the ES payments will drafted you are in good shape.

I had the same question.  If you look at the forms filed under federal you will see 4 e file payments.  Lacerte did a crappy job with the federal estimates.

0 Cheers
dubewah
Level 1

I am trying to set up a Q1 1040-ES payment to be made electronically.  Just e-filed the extension requests.  How do I know if the Q1 payment will be drawn from the account?  Will the filing of the extensions trigger this or must the return be filed for this to work?  I set up a NY estimate through the wizard and I see the NYS Q1 estimate has been accepted.  Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers