Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call for questions

how or who do you call for questions on the lacerte tax program

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Call support, but get a fresh pot of coffee going first.

Or, take the easy way out & ask here.  We are faster, friendlier, & funnier. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

1. Post your question here - Other users have a great deal of experience and will likely answer your query.

2. Computation issue - report this to Lacerte by e-mailing the problem and maybe even the file to Lacerte. It all starts with Ctrl + L  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/sending-an-email-to-lacerte-support/00/4763

3. As a last resort, get on the phone with other projects to complete while you are on hold. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/taxation/help/how-to-contact-lacerte-for-help/00/4691

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Art Landing
Level 1

Am I the only one totally exasperated with what appears to be the deterioration of the Lacerte help line this year ?

Specifics:

1) In recent years a live operator came on line to direct calls - this year it is solely an automated phone tree with limited options.

2) There is currently no way in any branch of the phone tree to enter "0" for "none of the above" 

3) Neither is there any way to secure information as to estimated wait time or position in line.

Comments?

Now I have a flag that says "Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 second."

In actuality I've not not tried posted anything this year until now.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't think it's just this year. I can't recall me ever saying it was good. 

Mostly I never have to use it, which is good.

Ex-AllStar