Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California form 565 and 568

ricklang99
Level 3

Anybody know when the California forms 565 and 568 will be available in Lacerte. The forms will not print in Lacerte, they indicate they have not yet been approved. When viewing the form on the screen they say it is watermarked an

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

ALL release dates can be found here https://lfs.intuit.com/

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
ricklang99
Level 3

thank-you, appreciate your response

However, the release date indicates it can be e-filed. Lacerte will not allow me to e-file or even print out a watermarked form.

abctax55
Level 15

From within the Individual program

Final form without watermark is expected to be released on February 18, 2021.

(from the link George provided...).

MY calendar shows it is February 10th.

Ahhhhh - Edit....  are you trying to do the 568 from the partnership or the individual return?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Just checked and I'm getting the same thing.  There IS an update (for me at least....) that I'll download & see if that makes any difference.

Edit.... same thing.   It "does" say it can be efiled; have you tried?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
cboggeln
Level 2

The CA form 565 is available from the FTB via pdf if requested.  Why can't Lacerte release now so we can get draft returns out to our investors?

lenaxu
Level 2

yes. some draft returns are due to investor on 2/15. the form still cannot be printed in Lacerte although it says the form is final and available for e-file.

0 Cheers

Like you I find this unbelievable here in February that California is not ready! I can only imagine Lacerte is on top of their inquiries to Sacramento.

0 Cheers
RETaxAcctBrk
Level 3

I don't understand: The form is available per the FTB, but the program is saying it is not.  Per Lacerte, the next S/W update is not until 3/4.  So do we now have to wait until then?  I would expect a bit more transparency from Lacerte and provide us some update / useful data  so we can plan our work load.  Instead, as normal, we are left in the dark.