Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALIFORNIA Filing Rejected for partnership return form 565

SBTS
Level 3

Hello:

I am getting the following error when I try to submit the CA partnership return form 565:

"Reject: Your Federal return does not match the latest published IRS Schema or is not well formed."

Has anyone experienced this error in the past and if yes, what steps were taken to resolve this error?

I tried re-installing the updates but got the same reject.

Thanks in advance.

Be well be safe.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SBTS
Level 3

Thank you Joe for your attempt at helping with this one.

Lacerte was finally able to provide me with a solution:

There was a glitch with the software (not sure if I was the only one affected or if other users were affected as well) so they pushed out an update.

Then Level 2 support asked me to remove the activity name from the QBI scree for the rental property basically forcing the software to use the LLC name instead of the Property Description I wanted to see on the return.

Later they asked me to wait 48 hours so they could manually reject the federal return submission which would allow me to resubmit the whole return again.

Finally, I was able to submit the federal and CA returns on Friday and got acceptance confirmation Sunday.  Thank goodness to COVID-19, client was not in a big rush and I had the time to follow up and obtain a resolution.

Hence the delay in responding.

Hope this post helps others.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
JoeTaxTN
Level 3

IRS does a name match but it is really a partial name match- Screen 4 has a Name Control field - I think that is what you would change.  But before the IRS shutdown i would say call the IRS Efile Help Desk and they will give that to you - but don't know if they are open during Covid-19

SBTS
Level 3

Thank you Joe for your attempt at helping with this one.

Lacerte was finally able to provide me with a solution:

There was a glitch with the software (not sure if I was the only one affected or if other users were affected as well) so they pushed out an update.

Then Level 2 support asked me to remove the activity name from the QBI scree for the rental property basically forcing the software to use the LLC name instead of the Property Description I wanted to see on the return.

Later they asked me to wait 48 hours so they could manually reject the federal return submission which would allow me to resubmit the whole return again.

Finally, I was able to submit the federal and CA returns on Friday and got acceptance confirmation Sunday.  Thank goodness to COVID-19, client was not in a big rush and I had the time to follow up and obtain a resolution.

Hence the delay in responding.

Hope this post helps others.

0 Cheers