Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA e-file reject error SCHCANR-072

aeh-cpa
Level 3

I'm receiving the following e-file reject error for a California return.

Reject:  Error SCHCA/NR-072: Schedule CA 540NR, Part II, Section C, Line 22, column (E) (NetAdjustments) must equal the sum of Line 11 (BusinessExpenses) + Line 13 (MovingExpenses) + Line 14 (DeductibleSelfEmploymentTax) + Line 15 (SEPSimpleQualifiedPlans) + Line 16 (SelfEmployedHealthInsurance) + Line 17 (EarlyWithdrawalSavingsPenalty) + Line 18a (AlimonyPaid) + Line 19 (IRADeduction) + Line 20 (StudentLoanInterest) + Line 22 (Adjustment) (all occurrences).

It is the expenses from the rental of personal property entered in Other Adjustments.

Has anyone determined a fix for this?

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try putting what you compute the correct number should be in Screen 55.011, very last entry Souce adjusted gross income [O]

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
aeh-cpa
Level 3

Hello,

Thanks, but that does not solve the problem.  The issue is Schedule CA-NR Section C line 22.  Your suggestion did not work.  The expenses related to personal property rental do not have a specified line in section c and, as such, are shown off to the side.  Apparently when e-filing, it doesn't see that item??

I had no problem with the 2019 return that had the same expenses.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Use Ctrl + L to send the return to Lacerte with an annotation as to the error message. I just had a similar item and my solution posted here was the support solution. It cleared the error. 

As I read you message, the TOTAL is the problem, not the individual item. I think Lacerte is struggling with some of the finer points of this years legislation and how it posts (or doesn't post) to the CA returns. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
aeh-cpa
Level 3

I contacted support as suggested.  The e-file issue has been forwarded to the development teams for review.  I'm hoping they can find a fix soon.

Thank you.

0 Cheers