Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had good results storing Lacerte tax files on a remote server?

lafonda
Level 1

Lacerte tells me they don't "recommend" solutions like storing your client files on One Drive, Drop Box or Google Cloud.  Has anyone had experience with using those platforms to host your client files?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

But One Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive are all sync'd to your local drive, so you'd essentially be pointing to your local/network directory instead of a remote drive...

Google Cloud is the only service that is truly cloud storage and my understanding is that you can map it as a local drive.  So long as you are able to map the drive, it would work as if it were local and Lacerte will not know the difference.  That leaves your internet connection to be the only variable, IMHO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

But One Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive are all sync'd to your local drive, so you'd essentially be pointing to your local/network directory instead of a remote drive...

Google Cloud is the only service that is truly cloud storage and my understanding is that you can map it as a local drive.  So long as you are able to map the drive, it would work as if it were local and Lacerte will not know the difference.  That leaves your internet connection to be the only variable, IMHO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers