Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bridging the appointments

Rina
Level 1

How to bridge appointments from 2019 to 2020 Lacerte?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

In 2020 open the calendar 

Carry forward appointments to the next year

1. On the Tools menu, click Bridge Appointments.

2. Do one of the following:

In the Path to 2019 Tax Program box, type the path where the previous year's Lacerte Tax program is located. The program defaults to where the older program was installed.

Click the Browse button, and then double-click folders until you locate the directory of the tax program, then click OK.

1. In the Starting Date to Convert box, enter the date at which you want the program to start bridging appointments.

2. Click OK.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

In 2020 open the calendar 

Carry forward appointments to the next year

1. On the Tools menu, click Bridge Appointments.

2. Do one of the following:

In the Path to 2019 Tax Program box, type the path where the previous year's Lacerte Tax program is located. The program defaults to where the older program was installed.

Click the Browse button, and then double-click folders until you locate the directory of the tax program, then click OK.

1. In the Starting Date to Convert box, enter the date at which you want the program to start bridging appointments.

2. Click OK.

Barb OC
Level 2

Bridge Appointments isn't on the Tools menu.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

In 2020 open the calendar then look for the tools

0 Cheers
Rina
Level 1

Thank you for the solution, it works 🙂

0 Cheers
Joni KT
Level 1

George, you're always on top of things.  Maybe you can help with my bridging problem.  You see, we each have the Lacerte program on our PC, but the data is shared on our server.  When I bridged the appointments, it didn't let me choose a destination.  So, the appointments are on my PC, not the shared folder, therefore only I can see them.  I thought, if I knew the name of the file, I could copy it to the network directory.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Check your Option20 folder for Appointments20.db (I also see Appoints20.db.backup)

No guarantees. I don't use Appointments, but I created one and then peeked in my 20tax/Option20 folder and VOILA!