Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Withdrawal

Erika
Level 1

Hi. I am wondering if we e-file a return with a balance due now but the taxpayer wants to have the funds paid in July will the system still automatically pull the funds on April 15 or is it updated to July 15? I am currently sending paper vouchers to everyone but want to know what to tell clients if they want it paid electronically. Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If its scheduled for April 15th, thats when it will be debited.  You can call in and cancel the payment and use a 1040V to pay in later, or the client can use IRS Direct Pay and can schedule a payment up to 30 days prior to the date they'd like to have it withdrawn.

Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Erika
Level 1

Understood. I am not asking about returns already put thru the system. I am inquiring about going forward. If I process a return today, given the new due dates, will the system pull the funds on 4/15 or 7/15? Has the system been updated? That is the question.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Debits scheduled for 4/15 will pull on 4/15   Not everyone wants to wait until July 15th, the majority of my elderly clients want to pay now and get it over with, not wait until July.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Erika
Level 1

Yes, but has lacerte updated the system to pull the funds on 7/15 now? I appreciate your replies but I don't think you understand my question.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

As of now, the funds will be pulled 4/15.

If you patiently wait, the program will be updated to ALLOW withdrawal on 7/15. 

Patience in this time of crisis is a valuable commodity. Use some of it now. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

We understand your question.  Your question has been asked every hour since the rumor of an extension of time first leaked out.  And as of yesterday anyway, the software hasn't been updated.

Slava Ukraini!