Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I password protect all client information in DMS? The Master Password and User Password options don't seem to work?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

If you have tried these but it still doesn't work, please come back and someone may be able to help:

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1644217-is-it-possible-to-have-a-password-to-open...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15

If you have tried these but it still doesn't work, please come back and someone may be able to help:

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1644217-is-it-possible-to-have-a-password-to-open...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Tried all of the recommended steps, but the password options do not prompt us to input the password before allowing access to the database files.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong here?
0 Cheers
Level 15
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) Hi, Ash, good to see you back online.  Would you be able to provide some additional guidance on this?  Thanks!
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
I was only commenting on other post due to likely being the only one w/ that info, but this likely warrants a contact to support to look into this further.  @IntuitAustin or @IntuitBettyJo would be your points of contact. Off hand, the real only other solution I could recommend would be to attempt to rename/reinstall and see if the behavior changes.  Note from what i'm told, the program "knows" the user that set it up, so they likely wouldn't be prompted, are you trying to test w/ a different login/different machine, or the same one used to set it up? And if you haven't already test with a new machine/login. :smile:
0 Cheers