Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a new tax preparer and to Lacerte, does Form 1040 include Form 540 when e-filing?

Gemator
Level 2

When I file electronically for the first time, does form 1040 include form 540, and what are the attachments needed in addition to Schedule C?

Do I need to attach copies of W-s, 1099, 1095 C, etc.?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

The Lacerte diagnostics will usually tell you what, if anything, you need to manually attach to the returns.

Generally W-2's and 1099's are not needed to be attached, and definitely not 1095's.

For the 540, the whole federal return will/should automatically go with it.

The only thing I regularly attach is 1099-B brokerage sale details so that I can just enter totals into Screen 17.

Whatever you do need to attach, you do that on screen 4.4 and select which returns (federal and each state) you want to attach it to.  Keep in mind that your attachment usually won't print in your client, gov't  and preparer copies of the returns; so don't freak out if you don't see them.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
abctax55
Level 15

The F 540 "includes" the F 1040 (not the other way around...).

Lacerte is pretty darned good at including what's necessary.

You *do* have to specifically efile the CA return - there's a box to check to send CA at the same time as you efile the Federal.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"