Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ammended return

BON
Level 3

I have a client that forgot to give me a W2 and a 1099 for 2020 and I have already e-filed.  He also qualifies for the Unemployment Compensation Exclusion.  My question is should I check the box for the American Rescue Plan to generate the Unemployment Compensation Exclusion on the amended return?  The IRS was adamant to NOT file amended returns for the exclusion.  Should I e-file or paper file 1040X? The W2 and 1099-Misc are minimal $171..........Or should I just let the IRS correct everything? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby200
Level 3

I had same situation and I amended it and took the exclusion also.  I was not doing it JUST for the exclusion, but the extra W-2.  Seemed logical to me...and I know the IRS is not always logical!

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Bobby200
Level 3

I had same situation and I amended it and took the exclusion also.  I was not doing it JUST for the exclusion, but the extra W-2.  Seemed logical to me...and I know the IRS is not always logical!