Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended Return

taxlady2008
Level 3

Why does the Lacerte program print the entire original return for an amended return when choosing to print the Gov Print copy?  The IRS directions state not to.  I am not sure which forms I need to file and having Lacerte print them all isn't of any help. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Lacerte has far less idea than you do as to which forms should be attached. It gives you all of them, so you can use your professional judgement.

George4Tacks
Level 15
I have never had a return rejected because I sent too many forms. I have had IRS make contact when they thought they needed a form that they did not see.
In the words of a very sage user " It gives you all of them, so you can use your professional judgement."

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BobKamman
Level 15

All you need to know is in a few paragraphs on Page 20 of the Form 1040-X instructions. 

I did a search for "attach" in those instructions and came up with 43 hits, including a few that were part of the word "attachment(s)."  What I found interesting was that in The Old Days, we would attach copies of both the original form or schedule, and the amended form or schedule, for any that were being changed.  Now, it doesn't look like they want the originals.