Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amended return acknowledgement letter

Kim C
Level 2

You need to update the efile acknowledgement letter (the one we mail our clients showing the return as accepted) when we file an amended 2020 tax return to say that it's going to take more than 4 weeks for the IRS to process the return.  IRS is currently saying 16 weeks on their website but client is all antsy because the efile acceptance letter we printed of of Lacerte and mailed to her told her it would only be 4 weeks.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can Edit that, too. Settings, Client Letter, Amended

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
IntuitGabiU
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you mind taking a screenshot so we can see what you're looking at? Please hide any personal information. 

Kim C
Level 2

Screenshot 2021-09-08 211122.png

Here is a snip of the client acceptance letter that tells the client to expect the refund in 4 weeks.  IRS has said that it's running much longer than that.  Clients narrow right on on that 4 week mark in the letter and expects it to happen that fast, when the IRS says its taking closer to 16 weeks to process amended returns right now.....

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

FYI you can Edit the Amended Return Letter and change that 4 weeks to 16.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Kim C
Level 2

I know that I can manually change the initial client letter that goes out with the tax return.  I'm specifically referencing the automatically generated efile acceptance letter that I print and mail to my client, showing that the return has been accepted after efiling.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can Edit that, too. Settings, Client Letter, Amended

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post