Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a license, why am I not able to convert currently, note I have converted 'batches' of clients now stating "license does not cover data conversion." How to proceed?

clint1
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Always try a hard reboot; it often solves the problem.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

Always try a hard reboot; it often solves the problem.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte should have someone to hold your had through this first year. https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/getting-started/ Please come here for questions, but also bug the hell out of the support staff assigned to you. We are just other users and many of us never did a conversion, or if we did it was decades ago. 

I do know that once you convert to 2017, you should be able to process 2017 and be sure things match up. When they match up, go to Screen 3 and look for a check mark at the bottom of the first section - Converted client (proforma use only) Remove the check mark. This will allow for a more exact proforma process from 2017 to 2018. Especially confirm the depreciation and the state return. 

Welcome to Lacerte. We hope you have many happy returns. :bell::tada: :high_brightness:

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers