Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AL part year resident with GA W-2

kdt69kac
Level 1

Taxpayer is AL part year resident during 2021(before moving to TN).

While an AL resident work in GA and gets a 2021 GA W-2.

Cannot get Lacerte to tax the GA W-2 to AL.

Show taxpayer as full year resident of AL - no problem.

Change to part year 1/1-12/1/2021 resident of AL - no wages taxed to AL

How to get the GA wages earned while an AL resident taxed on the AL return?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Oooh, that's a tricky one. I can't get a great presentation, but this seems likely to be better than what you have:

Screenshot 2022-05-19 141612.png

The S in the source column means "this is a state adjustment and shouldn't affect the federal return."

You're going to have to manually calculate any Other State Tax Credit and override in Screen 52.401.

It's possible you could get a better presentation by using multiple Lacerte clients, but I don't think you can get a better presentation that still permits e-filing.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Oooh, that's a tricky one. I can't get a great presentation, but this seems likely to be better than what you have:

Screenshot 2022-05-19 141612.png

The S in the source column means "this is a state adjustment and shouldn't affect the federal return."

You're going to have to manually calculate any Other State Tax Credit and override in Screen 52.401.

It's possible you could get a better presentation by using multiple Lacerte clients, but I don't think you can get a better presentation that still permits e-filing.

kdt69kac
Level 1

Definitely can make that work.

Thank you so much for the assistance

0 Cheers