Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adoption Credit Carryforward

Taxlady--06
Level 1

I have 2 clients that both have carryforward Adoption credits that are not coming forward.  There is a tax due, so they should be able to use it.  I sat on hold with Lacerte for 90 minutes before I gave up and went home after a 13 hr day.  Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  Any help with a way around would be appreciated

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
IntuitTylor
Intuit Alumni

Go to screen 37 and click General Information.  

The credit carryover should show there. If not you can manually enter the number that should be there.

0 Cheers
Kono
Level 1

I have done this and it does show on the 8839.  However in 2019  I have a pdf of the 8839 showing the correct calculations but it transmitted as a blank form in e-file and I have spent the last year trying to get the credit refunded for the client when the IRS is backlogged with no success still.   I am wondering how I make sure that it does not do the same thing again for the 2020 carry over.   

0 Cheers