Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Lacerte data for two different firms from the same computer

stradman
Level 1

We have two firms on a single network server. Each has their own Lacerte data. We want users for either firm to work on the others files. What is the best way to set that up?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Just thinking aloud.  Assuming the two installations already point to different paths for client data, perhaps two separate login for each user?  Presumably, you'd have one domain name for each of the firms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

I has been more than a decade since I did this. I think you simply install both prep files. In Screen 1 you select the Firm Number right about Preparer.  You would do well to contact support if you have any problems with this method. 

I did find this https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/installing-multiple-firms-or-preparer-fil...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns