Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum number of users for Lacere installed on Citrix or other terminal server platforms?

dett
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

a) Lacerte does not support Terminal server environments

b) I would guess it is the number of users for which you have purchased a license

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

a) Lacerte does not support Terminal server environments

b) I would guess it is the number of users for which you have purchased a license

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Just to add to Susan's response, using Citrix to secure remote access to a physical desktop should not affect your set up and operation of Lacerte.  Although I haven't used Citrix with Lacerte, my experience is that calculation and graphic-intensive applications often have noticeable lag even with good bandwidth on both ends and sufficient resources on the server-side.

If you're planning to run Lacerte on virtual desktops, I suppose you'd install Lacerte the same way as with physical machines.  Since the program is resource-intensive, however, I suspect you may run into performance issues if you have multiple instances of the program running at the same time.  And, if you run into problems, Intuit's support could be very limited, if any at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers