Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3115 ? missed expenses previous years C-Corp UGH

michele
Level 7

I have a new client that  has a commercial building. 2 loans thru 2 different banks. 1 is a standard commercial loan and the other is an SBA loan both were for the purchase of the building. After looking thru her records last several years the sba interest was not included on her tax return. She has been filing as a c corp . My clue was that this is not enough interest for a $1 million dollar loan. I know I can amend a few years . I have filed 3115 for depreciation but never for what is an error for this kind of expense. Is that even a possibility? I started looking thru dcn codes.  Any thoughts s greatly appreciated.  Yes these past returns were filed by a CPA firm but she stated she had never been asked any questions. How someone complete balance sheets by not having loan balances etc. Is beyond me. Backing numbers in to make it work. gives us all a bad name!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The kind of year it has been correcting others mistakes, I guess I am waiting for the  client to walk in the door that ways I have 1 w-2  can you prepare my taxes.   LOL yeah

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't think this warrants a 3115. It was not an accounting method. The wrong amount of interest was deducted.

Ex-AllStar
michele
Level 7

I was hoping to find a way to get the$75,000+ worth of interest that was not deducted. I can amend but I hate that someone else’s lack of attention to detail has cost her a lot of money for the years you can’t amend

0 Cheers