Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Organizers - when ready?

renee9
Level 2

Does anyone know when the 2021 Lacerte tax organizers will be ready/available to print?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

They generally are released in November.

Ready to print? Might not be until January. First release or two is usually buggy.

Ex-AllStar
renee9
Level 2

Thank you. That's what I figured but was hoping for a different answer - ha. Last year it was so buggy until January, and our clients are used to receiving them in December. I was fielding calls every day asking about them, plus we are slammed in January with all of the end of year compliance due (we are not just a tax firm).  It was frustrating, to say the least. But thank you for your response.

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Looks like both Organizers and Proforma are available on today's update.

renee9
Level 2

Oh great! We haven't done the update yet. Thanks for sharing!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But they were still updating the 2020 software a week ago.  I wouldn't touch the 2021 program with a ten foot pole this early in the game.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I'm not sure even a twenty foot pole would tempt me... way, way too early. As far as clients wanting organizers 'early'... try saying NO to them.  Remember who is in charge of this rodeo.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

Does anyone know when the 2021 tax law will be ready?

Congress is still in session, not to mention some of the state legislatures.  Does anyone know if Lacerte will provide new organizers if retroactive legislation is enacted in March?  

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

They haven't in the past, so I'm going to go with no.