Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Form 990-T efiling

JojoTx
Level 1

Does anyone know when Lacerte will be able to e-file Form 990-T for 2021?

As of today, the failed transmission notice still states that Lacerte is not ready to process 2021 for this return.

9 Comments 9
jjg
Level 2

I am having the same problem.  

0 Cheers
Steve E
Level 2

I am having the same problem.

Can someone at Lacerte at least acknowledge the problem exists?

0 Cheers
gjscpa2
Level 1

I am still waiting for Intuit / Lacerte to enable e-file for a 2020 amended 990-T.

This situation is causing the client much distress, not to mention the damage to our reputation.

We'll probably be waiting for eternity, as no one I talk to at Lacerte cares about us.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

We're waiting on approval to e-file 990-T. I'll keep this thread updated.  

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
kgreen8393
Level 5

The frustration here is that the Form 990-T's were due April 18th, so everyone had to extend them.  The major changes to the Forms were for 2020.  Nothing major changed for 2021 so why does it take so long to get approval to E-File?  This just makes no sense.

IntuitGabi

Reports 990-T is live for Lacerte. 
Let us know if you're able to populate, thanks! 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
gjscpa2
Level 1

How about amended 990-T?  2020 in particular.

0 Cheers
jjg
Level 2

Successfully submitted 990-T.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
jimweinstein
Level 1

I have been trying for 2 months to file a 2021 990-T with just a Form 2439 attachment for refund purposes and the IRS e-file desk told me the Form 2439 must be attached in an XML format so they can see the Form 2439 on their system not a PDF attachment which is the only option I have and that is why I am getting that rejection.  The software has a check box "Filing From 990-T for Form 2439 credit only".  If the software has the check box, the software should be able to send the proper electronic return format.  After numerous calls with support no one seems to be able to tell me when/if this will be fixed on the software.  I noted the issue to the Lacerte support representative, but it seemed like he had no way to get the engineers a specific request/advisory to resolve the issue, which makes not sense.  After posting to the community I have not received a response either.   I have an angry client waiting for money that I can't get refunded to him.  Can someone from Lacerte update me on when this issue will be fixed or what the status is?

0 Cheers