Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Printing Problems in Organizer

CPATerri
Level 2

Just printed a "test" organizer and noticed the following Lacerte issues:  Does anyone from Lacerte look here?

1.  13.1 Pensions - the prior year distributions are appearing as Value of All IRA's as of 12.31.2020

2.  11 Interest Income - far right column neglects to show the year 2019 above the word "Interest"

3.  12 Dividend Income - last year's dividend amounts are not lined up in the far right column

4. Schedule E Rental page - my client is a 50% owner, the percentage ownership shown on page 18 is 100%.  The 2020 program input shows 50%, but the printed sheet shows 100%.  (This is going to cause a lot of questions from clients.....)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Many have noticed many issues; the consensus opinion is to just "hurry up & wait" until a few more updates come thru before doing any mass processing of organizers.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

Many have noticed many issues; the consensus opinion is to just "hurry up & wait" until a few more updates come thru before doing any mass processing of organizers.  

( Generic Comment )"
George7
Level 1

Yes!  Just want to make sure Lacerte is addressing the organizer problems listed above.  Prior year data on several pages is listed in the wrong column.

George4Tacks
Level 15

There was an update. I don't see any of those errors on the version I currently have. I would still wait until AT LEAST mid December for all the bugs to be worked out. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jerry
Level 5

Some more Organizer issues (even with yesterday's update):

• The cover page on the Organizer won't accept a bitmap image (if there's one there, it terminates saying there's no data to print.
  • On the Questionnaire, any formatting (like italics or underlining) makes the word run together with the following word  (the space is skipped). No number of inserted spaces will fix this - they're ignored.
  • The slip sheet font appears to be less bold, while the other fonts now appear bolder.
  • Changing margins on the Questionnaire resets all font sizes in the Questionnaire.
CPATerri
Level 2

I applied the update, rebooted too.   There is no change on my end.  I'll just wait until they work these through.  Version 40.1110

0 Cheers
taxed2max
Level 3

I just downloaded the most current update, and STILL get the response: Selected Client does not have any detail to print.  Any idea of when this will get fixed?  Normally mail out paper organizers first week of December, and this year have not even started printing them yet!!  Thanks!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I assume you saw this thread, and the in-product announcement regarding organizer issues:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/organizer-issues-under-i...

And nope, there's no time line announced.

( Generic Comment )"
jerry
Level 5

I just received this emailed "update" (it just reiterates the "fix" that they previously distributed):

You spoke to Lisa regarding an unexpected behavior experienced in Intuit Lacerte. We promised to send you periodic updates on case number 555322094 to keep you informed. Below is the latest update:

2019 Organizer Error - \"The Selected Client Does Not Have Any Data to Print\" when Letter Includes Border
This unexpected behavior has been reported to development for further review. Status updates will be provided via email.

Workaround:

Within the Organizer, edit the letter to turn off the border. Tools -> Letter Settings -> uncheck "print border"

Our next update is currently scheduled to occur on or before: 12/11/20

We thank you for your patience.
Intuit Customer Success

0 Cheers
CPATerri
Level 2

Most recent update and Items 2 & 4 still not corrected.  

0 Cheers
JensenCPA
Level 1

Just did the updates again today - I am still getting the errors regarding the organizer not printing because the "client has no data". Appears this is due to the border and bitmap logo on the pages for the engagement letter, cover, etc. I hope this gets corrected soon. The workaround (not printing with a border or logo) does not give a acceptable professional appearance to the organizers. 😞

George4Tacks
Level 15

@IntuitAustin may be able to get some feedback from support on this continuing issue.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

Welcome Jensen 2.

Ex-AllStar