After I installed the newest update "fixing" the organizers, I am having issues with the pdf versions of the organizers. If I print it to paper, it prints fine. If I print it to a pdf and open the pdf in Adobe (XI, 2020, or DC), all of the pages with prior year amounts (W-2s, Int, etc) wont show and come up with an error of "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (18).". The pdfs will open fine using Chrome.
Has anyone else had similar issues or know how to fix this? It was working fine when I was doing them this morning before the update.
This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here
We are also looking for a solution to this issue. Its the third year of errors in the pdf versions of the organizer. Not all organizers produce the error, and if you open the pdf and then choose save as "optimized" the new pdf is fine. The pdf is also fine in any "reader" that does not allow editing of text. The error is only with Adobe. Does anyone have a fix? Lacerte says its an Adobe issue and Adode says its a Lacerte issue, using an invalid font in the organizer (and of course, the user can't control the font used on the organizer).
I ended up getting it to work from some computers, but not mine. So, I have to print the organizers from a different computer. I have no idea what was different in the settings or what prints, but it works. I had the same problem and had to do the same thing with the 2022 organizers.
Do the different computers have different versions of Adobe?
Its and issue on all our workstations. Some of the orgs are fine and others are not, so we were thinking it was a lacerte thing but haven't been able to find a consistent pattern.
Lacerte prints using it's own PDF printer. Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... and fix the PDF Printer
Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Hi.. I have the same issue. "The Document could not be saved. Bad font object or font descriptor" is the error - all our machines have Acrobat Pro (latest version). Its super frustrating.. have re-installed Lacerte, run the PDF Repair tool in the hub and still no luck. Other PDF's are fine. This only happens with Lacerte created PDF files. Commenting so I can keep visibility in the event Intuit or someone in this forum comes up with a fix.
Thanks.. I was afraid of that as well. I am working now to see if this is happening firm wide. Right now, I have two users with the issue. Both are on the same Adobe version.. so that actually is starting to sound more like the culprit. Thanks for your reply. I am going to see if I can downgrade those versions of Adobe
this is a lacerte pdf generator issue.
this is the same thing with quickbooks payroll report export to excel where they blame microsoft as to why the pivots table aren't working.
intuit devs, you are the one's generating the files. you need to follow the requirements to generate the file properly so we can open it without errors.
please fix investigate and fix the issue. just because it opens on third party pdf viewer doesn't mean it's an adobe issue.