Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Corporate CA Form 3523 (Research Credit)

Ron Coley
Level 1

2019 Corporate CA Form 3523 (Research Credit) Part II (Carryover Computation) is not populating and there is no input sheet - what do I do?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 49 > Research Credit (3523) > 4th from the bottom is Nonpassive activity credit carryover

Is that you can't find?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Ron Coley
Level 1

No - what you describe has been filled in and populates Line 45 on Form 3523 (this is carryover from prior years). What I cannot figure out is why Line 47 (credit claimed) is not populated on Form 3523, especially since this is populated of Form 100. Secondly, I cannot figure out why Line 49 (which is carryover to future years) is not populating on Form 3523.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is it possible that the whole credit is used? I see the credit on line 24 of Form 100. I agree that Part II of 3523 looks wrong, but maybe that is only for current year carry over? I tried with a partially used credit and a huge credit that had no carryover. Part II never populated.

Highlight the return and use Ctrl + L to send it to Lacerte with your questions. They can look at it and get back to you.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers