Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Update

Highlighted
Level 2
last updated ‎April 01, 2020 9:31 PM

I installed the 2018 update. The program would not allow me to access my clients until I did it. Now when I log-in to 2018 I get nothing but a blank screen. What do I do now?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Level 15

1 - Reinstall -  Hit Windows key and type 2018 Lacerte Web Setup - Hit Enter to start the install.

2 - If that fails use the FORCE install outlined here https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lacerte...

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks I will try that.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

First method didn't work. Will try the force install. What is the chance that my clients will be lost if I do that?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Could not get that to work either. Guess I will need to call support.

Thanks

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

NO clients show?

Press F10 and look at system file path, option path, Data path. Are they all consistent? 

Try Client > Refresh

Do you have a good back up to restore from? If not, be sure you do in the future. 

CLPACK is probably what support will try next https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/clpack-running-the-lacerte-client-databas...

I just did the update and it went fine. I feel the pain of what you are going through, good luck.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks for all the suggestions. I called support and they walked me through a new install. Everything was there.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Whew... that's good to hear.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

"First method didn't work. Will try the force install. What is the chance that my clients will be lost if I do that?"

Zero.  The program is separate from the data base.  But you have backups you can restore, right?

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches