Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Latest update

GiantFan
Level 3

A new version of Lacerte 2018 loaded today.  It has reset everything back to the very beginning of 2019.  Forms show as not available.  Forms are labelled do not file.  

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Yes.  For 2018.

You are aware that Congress passed retroactive extenders on 12/20/19, so 2018 software had to be redone?  As the IRS was more focused on getting 2019 up and running, the necessary changes to 2018 took a back seat.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

Yep.  Many, many, many posts on it. Intuit is waiting for IRS approval of schemas 

( Generic Comment )"
GiantFan
Level 3

For 2018????????????

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Yes.  For 2018.

You are aware that Congress passed retroactive extenders on 12/20/19, so 2018 software had to be redone?  As the IRS was more focused on getting 2019 up and running, the necessary changes to 2018 took a back seat.  

( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
GiantFan
Level 3

You know, I called tech support before I posted my questions.  The rep I spoke to was unaware of this, and spent a bit of time trying figure out what was going on.  I did a search on the Lacerte Support/Community page, but I am apparently not good at search words for this site, because nothing related to this came up.  None of my news updates mentioned that IRS had recently updated 2018 forms for the retroactive tax changes.  I finally found the many conversations about this by scrolling through the posts.  They were on the second and later pages.

Sorry I asked.

abctax55
Level 15

but I am apparently not good at search words

THAT is not the problem; the search function on this *new & improved* site is marginal (and that's an understatement...).

We've complained since the start; to no avail.

( Generic Comment )"