Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 File Conversion to 2019

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎January 04, 2020 5:09 PM

I installed 2019 software then proforma 2018 info to 2019.  When I open the 2019 program it says it is transferring my 2018 clients, but the never appear.  Why? 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15

It sounds like a data path issue.  Check your settings,  and if necessary, re-proforma to the point it *shows* the data path where the files are going.    You can change it then, if you so desire (I think you have to chose custom setup if you wan't to change from anything other than the default)

(Settings> Options> Setup - the top line is the data path.  You can click on the down arrow and/or click on the  *... * to browse to a location.

The default is C:\Lacerte\1xTax\zDATA   with *x* being the year and *z* being the module.  

Idata = individual module. 

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 1

I used the typical (recommended) transfer...which is what I have used in prior years and had no problem.  It looks like the data did transfer and it shows it went to the lacerte\19 data file.  And when I open the 2019 program it says it is transferring the proforma files.  But they never appear in the 2019 program.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Did you, as I suggested, verify the data path that the 2019 Program is pointed at?

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 2

We are having what I believe is the same issue.  The only thing that shows up is the Client Numbers.  I've tried clicking on that and get the following error message:

Detail file is missing or damaged.

File: M:-COMMON\LACERTE\19TAX\IDATA\detail\1489.ld9

And, yes, we've verified the data path.  All of our modules proforma'd to 2019 just fine except the Individual.   We've uninstalled and re-installed the program.  We've proforma'd several times, and still to no avail.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@SherriC62  

Nope, I don't think it's the *same issue*.

It sounds like your data base is corrupted.    

Do the files open OK in 2018?  If so, I would delete a client in 2019, re-proforma THAT client (after verifying the file opens OK in 2018) and see what happens.

If the files are corrupted in 2018 - yikes.   

Then your options are to :

1) restore your backup

2) call support

3) perhaps run CLPAK... but I'd call support first.

Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you for sending me in the right direction.  My 2018 files were in great shape.

When I "re-proforma'd" it hadn't occurred to me to find the old data file and delete it.  I just thought it would overwrite it and off I'd go.  Well, this time I decided to go in and delete just the 19 data file for Individual only, since all the others were good.

I proforma'd again, and there they are. Perfect!

I can breathe a sigh of relief!

Highlighted
Level 15

I'm so glad to hear that....  

MY data files (the header info, just like you described...) got corrupted years ago due to a lightning strike about 20' from my office - while I had the individual program open.  It WAS a nightmare.  I'm very happy to know your situation was rather simple.

A word of advice tho...  I personally wait until much later in January to proforma all my clients as there WILL be updates to come that will solve various issues.