Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-Factor Authentication (2-FA) NOT giving 12-hours of login time.

webstertax
Level 1

A Lacerte article said if you sign up for the IRS recommended 2-FA for login purposes, you will be allowed to stay logged in for 12 hours.  I thought this was great news, but it doesn't work.  I am still logged out after 20-30 minutes of inactivity AND now have to get a code off my phone every time.  What a nuisance!  I do this 10-20 times a day!  I was told by support that the 12-hour rule is okay with the IRS, but LACERTE decided to keep the 20-30 logout requirement!  Support - if this is true, please make my life easier and not harder...allow 12 hours.  Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitGabi

Recent article Upgraded Login Security Recommendation for Tax Year 2021 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
webstertax
Level 1

That's the article I was referring to.  Please let us know when the 12-hour rule is in effect.  In the meantime, I have turned off my 2-FA.  I would like to turn that back on, as it is a good practice for security.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
Level 1

I agree - same here.  We need more than 30 minutes before auto log-off.  We were promised that if using 2 factor authentification!!!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

If you have a moment, we'd love your feedback on this topic. Here's a survey on 2FA

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers