Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120s Schedule K 15a Wrong - Form Calculations? Mapping? Account Coding?

theodore4
Level 2

AMT Post-1986 depreciation adjustment posted on line 15a of Schedule K, Form 1120s: Lacerte calculates it as -35,000 when should be 300. Screen 27 does not provide an override, but rather a location to enter an adjustment which is transferred to a worksheet. The real question is HOW DOES LACERTE CALCULATE LINE 15a? I used right-clicking on form line 15a and selected Jump to Inputs, which pulls up the Inputs pop-up box for Selected Field. There, you can click on a link to Depreciation, which simply brings up Screen 16 (Depreciation 4562). But it does not indicate which fields within the detail screens of the fixed assets are used to calculate the value listed on the form’s line15a. And referring back to the Inputs for Selected Field pop-up box, next to that Depreciation link, under the column Amount, it simply states <Calculated Value> in gray, with no way to click on it to delve further into how it calculates the value. Where is it drawing its values from, so I can figure out what has been entered or imported to the wrong place? I’ve created my own spreadsheet with all the values from Screen 16 and tried to reverse engineer how it arrived at the wrong value, but to no avail. Is there a Lacerte resource explaining or mapping how the program is generating its <Calculated Value> for each line with enough specificity to identify the source of this issue? Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here