Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 


Level 1

My client received a 1099-R from a bank that held his IRA. He physically took the money out and brought it to another financial institution as a rollover IRA. The first bank issued a 1099-R with distribution code 1 and a fully taxable amount. Clearly that bank didn't know he rolled it over but they're not planning on revising the 1099. Should I report it as non-taxable (as if it was code G) and just respond to the notice when it comes?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15

there are input fields for indirect rollovers.