Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040-X e-file in Lacerte

Rob-cpa
Level 2

I have my 1040-X ready to e-file but Lacerte is coming back with:

"Client Selection - Unable to e-file Amended Return(s).

The following clients will not be included in the e-file return processing.  Refer to the client note for explanation on why the client is being excluded.  Would you like to continue without these clients?"

the Note says:  "Client is not setup for any amended returns that can be e-filed."

This client's 2019 original 1040 was e-filed by a Senior Center volunteer AARP tax preparer.  I have the original signed form 8879, so I know it was e-filed.  Does it make a difference in Lacerte if I was not the original ERO?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rob-cpa
Level 2

I called Lacerte today and the issue was resolved by updating my Version!!  I didn't realize I had missed an update.
The 1040-X e-filing is so new that we checked all the necessary steps first and then it came down to simply updating Lacerte!  YAY!

The IRS has already accepted the return.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know in ProSeries, YOU have to have been the one to Efile the original to Efile the amended...I didnt think Lacerte had that limitation though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Rob-cpa
Level 2

I called Lacerte today and the issue was resolved by updating my Version!!  I didn't realize I had missed an update.
The 1040-X e-filing is so new that we checked all the necessary steps first and then it came down to simply updating Lacerte!  YAY!

The IRS has already accepted the return.