Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040- V is there a better way to print? Streamlining things

michele
Level 7

Trying to streamline things. I set up under preparer file copy to print only the  8879's state and fed and estimates   I can't find a way to add the 1040 payment voucher or state payment voucher. We print a client return for them. but then you have to hit the pfc individually or you have to pull them out of the return which is a total waste of time. It may not seem like a big thing but when you are printing thousands of returns it is redundant. Not everyone wants to make their payments electronic so we always print their payment voucher's for them.  Called support to see if there was a way to move it up in the print order. let's say support has not been to great this year.

thanks

Michele

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
pamdory
Level 8

Go to Settings>Options>Items To Print(tab) and then select the copy from the list on the left that you want to modify.  The check and uncheck the forms you want in each copy.  You can also use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to the left to change the order.

Preparer Review - I have set up to be my copy I save for my reference

Preparer File - I have set up to be a copy suitable to send to lenders, no instruction, payment vouchers, invoice, etc.

Client - Set up to be the client's copy which includes depreciation schedules.  If they are moving to someone else I don't want to be bothered with fetching them.

Government - This copy prints out a copy of the invoice, the instruction letter, estimate vouchers, 8879 and payment vouchers.  In the rare case of a paper filing, it will print out all necessary forms for that filing.

pamdory
Level 8

I forgot to add, there is no way to add or omit, the payment vouchers.  They show up if you have Federal Tax Return and/or State Tax Return checked.  Also be sure to check Separately Filed Forms>Separate Form if you want things like Change of Address, W-4, POA to print in a copy.

We have a bit of a glitch with 1040-V for tax owed showing up in two places right now that it looks like Lacerte needs to fix.

michele
Level 7

Thanks

You would think they would have it set so you can print payment vouchers without printing a tax return.

In items to print. So much for trying to make it easier for my processing staff.

pamdory
Level 8

Just to clarify, if it's an e-file return, and you set up the items to print in the Gov't copy to be

Federal e-file Signature Form

Federal Tax Return

State e-file Signature Form

State Tax Return

Then when you print the Gov't copy you'll get:

The 8879 - & state applicable form

Payment vouchers for fed & state for the current year

Estimate vouchers for fed and state

You won't get a copy of the tax return, just those forms.

I've opted to have the instruction letter and a copy of the invoice print in the Gov't copy also.  I'm not sure, but I think that's what you're trying to accomplish?  I think you're just trying in the wrong print module.