Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1031 exchange of assets in 2019, why is there still a schedule e for 2020

pat
Level 5

Sometimes Lacerte input requirements befuddle me...

I did a 1031 exchange in 2019 but the schedule E associated with exchanged the property proforma'd to 2020. I can select "delete this year" in the 2020 version but should I have selected "delete next year" in 2019.  

I just need input guidance on the correct method. Does it matter which way it is done?

TIA - we are all about to get really busy - again.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

If you had selected 2=delete next year on the 2019 return, it wouldn't have been proforma'ed to 2020.

In the 2020 return, you can simply select 1=delete this year and Lacerte will ignore what's in that activity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

If you had selected 2=delete next year on the 2019 return, it wouldn't have been proforma'ed to 2020.

In the 2020 return, you can simply select 1=delete this year and Lacerte will ignore what's in that activity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
pat
Level 5

Thank you for your response. I am taking from this that either method is acceptable and correct.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @pat.  Works either way.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers