Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does $1600 instead of $800 appear on S Corporation minimum tax?

wesley1
Level 1
This ia a Ca lifornia 100S
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

$ 800 is the *minimum*.... the tax CAN be more, based on the income.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

@wesley1You started this topic again, as a duplicate. You can continue the discussion here.

However, you put this in Lacerte and the duplicate is posted in ProSeries. Please help the volunteers help you by letting them know which program you are actually using. Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
wesley1
Level 1

This is a software problem. We have a negative and I need to know where in the soft ware to to find whatever I missed.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@wesley1 

We understand this part: "This is a software problem."

What we don't know is which software you are using. You started this in Two places, so are you using Lacerte or ProSeries?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Actually, we don't *understand* it is a software problem, as this is the first indication that there is negative income.

@wesley1  -  Make up your mind which software you are using, and give us more info.  You aren't charged by the word here and we (volunteers who are users of the software, just like you) can't read your mind.  Nor can we "see" the file you are working on.

Thanks.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
wesley1
Level 1

I am using pro series.

0 Cheers