Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is FBAR reporting due in case of signatory authority upon death?

Y555
Level 1

Hi, my bank in Germany allows me to give someone signature authority over my account in the event of my death. The bank will only allow the person to access my account upon presentation of my official death certificate. Does this person have an FBAR reporting requirement while I am still alive?

Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to this forum that is open only to tax professionals and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

that is open only to tax professionals

Ding, ding, ding  - W R O N G !!   

*should* be open only to tax professionals.  

As we know, Intuit REFUSES to restrict access because then they wouldn't get all those social media "strokes".

Remind you of anyone ?????  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Remind you of anyone ????? "

Could you give me a hint?  My brain has been a little foggy lately.  It seems to have started when I started drinking my cup of Clorox with breakfast.

Slava Ukraini!